I would love to visit your school or organization and talk about my grandfather Papa Lemon and the importance of family history!
My preference is a 2-day 60 minute per session visit. Here are more details:
During Day 1 students will do the following:
- Learn how a book is created from start to finish.
- Gain an understanding about the importance of family history.
- Literacy development will occur because students will read a Papa Lemon Book prior to the author visit.
- Visual aspects of the author presentation include Papa Lemon’s hat, 7-minute animated DVD and Navajo Wind Talker Doll.
- Students will be asked to create a short story about a family member or someone relevant in history.
During Day 2 students will:
- Share their stories with the author and each other.